Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Too Tired to Come Up With a Title

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything lately. Not unmanageably, but like a milder version of the depression I went through this winter, when I just couldn't cope with all the everything. Right now, I think the warmer weather and extra sunshine help a lot, but dealing with the new job and the new cat simultaneously are taking a lot out of me. It kind of sounds like it should be manageable, but it just doesn't feel that way. Like, I have to feed myself again? Buy food, prepare food? Plan? Didn't I just do that? And I'm sure I just ran the dishwasher ... last week? or was it the week before? Anyway, why are there no clean knives again? Dirty dishes, mail, laundry ... it all seems too much, particularly when I'm dealing with the cat juggling.

I get up in the morning and go to release Belmont from the office. She's eaten all her food, so I give her more, and sit down with her to pat the kitty. Carlos, meanwhile, has heard the cat-food can and comes out to complain that it wasn't for him (though he has food left from dinner) and that I am in with her (even though he's just had me to himself all night). Once I come out, he'll finish what's left of his food, and sit down with me while I read the paper. When I start getting ready for work, he'll generally go back to the bed to nap by the window, but when I'm in the kitchen, she'll come out to bitch at me some more. That loud, piercing meow that demands ... something. Attention, time, something I don't have just then.

I feel as though, living "alone" as I do, there shouldn't be this much complaining at me going on! They're each generally happy when I'm with them, not so much when I'm with the other. When will they give each other some company? It's been less than a month, I know, but she's still hissing at him, and he won't settle down for the night if she isn't closed in the office, and ... and I'm tired. Just tired.

Hopefully a lot of sleep over the holiday weekend will help. For tonight, a movie and some knitting sound nice. I'm working on the heel flaps of the 2-in-1 socks.

And now, here is your fun fact of the day: Did you know that the US is one of only three countries not to use the metric system? (I did not.) Do you know the other two?

*

**

***

****

*****

****

***

**

*
Liberia and Myanmar. Interesting company to keep...

No comments:

Post a Comment