Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy Whatever Suits You

As predicted, I was, in fact, in bed at 7 last night. Boy, was I crazy tired! As a result, I woke up slightly before the alarm, was able to get up without abusing the snooze button, and feel closer to normal levels of tired today. Still planning to go to bed tonight as soon as the game ends, but sleeping in tomorrow should go a long way to resetting my system. I don't know, maybe I should have tried to get a Sunday flight when my Saturday afternoon one was cancelled, instead of the late flight. I really wanted that whole day at home to switch out of vacation mode and back to reality, but that doesn't seem to have worked out. Ah, well, hindsight.

I was the only person in the office today (yesterday I was one of four), so getting them to give me a laptop in the new year is top of my list (I mean, not the list that is topped by finding a new job, but the one about coping with the current job). I mean, what's the point? I can't see one. I don't have to work from home every day, but having the option starts to feel less like a luxury on days like this.

Now, I'm going to watch that Bruins game (please let them win, or at least play well) and go to bed. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring you the long-awaited recap of my Christmas trip! I know you've been waiting with bated breath. I won't promise, but I'll try. Meanwhile, happy new year! Despite this:

No? Not that funny? How about this one?

A little too true? Well, that's what I'm here for!

1 comment:

  1. I think the cards are pretty funny! Happy New Year, CCR!

    ReplyDelete