Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Well, I Did It

Yeah. The Neti pot. Is that supposed to be capitalized? I don't even know, and frankly I don't feel like googling. Leave it.

So. I bought one at Whole Foods tonight. It's a pretty blue ceramic one, because it should at least be attractive, right? And I boiled some water when I got home, since I read that you can either use bottled/distilled water, or you should boil tap water and let it cool, and the latter seems cheaper and easier to me. I went about my evening, and a little while ago I went ahead and did it.

And yes, it's gross. If you don't think so, that's a valid opinion, but so is mine. Yuck. I hope at least it will help. It seems to me that I sound a little less like a 75-year-old pack-a-day smoker than I did before, so that's good. I also feel a little light-headed, but that may be a coincidence. It's a small sample size to be basing assumptions on; we're firmly in "remains to be seen" territory here.

Meanwhile, for the second evening running, Carlos has a heavy fit of the Random Meows, and I just turned to him and said, "If you don't stop I am going to kill you." He looked tremendously unimpressed, so I admitted, "All right, I'm not. But you're pissing me off, so stop it." He continued to look unimpressed, but at least it bought me a few seconds of silence.

Now, I need to get on the damn bike, a habit I have really struggled to make regular in the last two months. I was doing well for a while there, and then it all went to hell. Would you ask me about it periodically? Just say, "Hey, ccr, did you ride the bike last night?" Maybe accountability would help.

No comments:

Post a Comment