Thursday, February 07, 2013

Snow Coming Out There: Me Staying In Here

I got a little concerned this morning while listening to the weather forecast. They were saying that by Friday morning, it would only be lightly snowing, and the heavy snow wouldn't start until later, but they weren't very clear when that would be, exactly. It got me thinking that perhaps I should plan to go in Friday just for the morning, and get a little work done. But what if it gets awful mid-day, just in time for me to be driving home? I don't want to get into that. So it was a relief to get in to work and find that my boss e-mailed everyone and told us not to come in. Of course, the message was to work from home, but we've established that I can't, so bummer, day off! Whew. I'm so law-abiding.

The forecast this afternoon, by the way, says light snow starting in the morning, then turning to rain, and only back to snow at night. But hey! They've been wrong before. How many snowmageddons and snowpocalypses have there been, that ended up being eh, not so much? I will say that, if instead of the forecast 18-24 inches, we get under 6, say, I'll be annoyed. But, you know, bonus long weekend, maybe not that annoyed.

I had picked up a few groceries after work last night, and I got some errands done at lunch today. I needed to go to the bank to get quarters for laundry, and then to the pet food store, to get Senor Prissypants some of his favorite food before we're snowed in, and then since the pet food store is right next to a Trader Joe's I ran in there for a few things (repeat after me: Kona Coffee Cookies, danger, danger!). Then after work, on my way to the chiropractor, I mailed a letter and returned a library book. Now I'm in, and no need to go out again before Sunday--and even that's for dinner with friends, which can get put off (again, as it was originally Saturday) if weather requires. Phew! If you're in the snow path, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment