Friday, February 15, 2013

Almost Trip-Ready

It's been a productive evening, but I'm starting to feel it. That's partly because I just got off the bike, so I'm sweaty and achy, but hey! I finished the sock! Well, except the toe, but I think that's best finished off the bike; I'm okay with saying that it was knit on the bike, except for the cast on, picking up stitches at the heel, and binding off the toe. More to the point, the knitting-on-the-bike time worked out to about 9 and 2/3 hours, so with the other bits, I can confidently state that it takes me ten hours to knit a sock. A nice round number! I'm really ridiculously pleased, both with the sock and the knowledge.

That's not all I've done tonight, either. I decided it would be best to do laundry, so I don't have to think about that next week, plus I've been packing, or at this stage it would more accurately be called gathering, or maybe piling. Once it's all there, I actually pack it into bags. Need to finish that, so I won't linger. Besides, I have a third period to watch; the Bruins are up 2-1 over Buffalo. Go Bruins!

I'm off in the morning, weather permitting as it looks like it will; there's a chance of some snow tomorrow, but the measurable amount (3-6 inches) isn't supposed to get here until Saturday night or Sunday. Joyful place to live, eh? They only got my street plowed more than single-car width today, and just in time. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment