Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Quick: Head, Twins, Irony

Last night I was all productive, wrapping and boxing and cheering the Bruins (who won 8-1, thank you, and I happen to know that they win three of the next four games, too!), and the head was fine, and I was mildly amazed at how much more I get done without a headache (duh). In the night, I was somewhat aware of head pain, but it didn't wake me until 5, when OW OW OW. I took Excedrin and alka-seltzer, wailed and moaned briefly, then slept for another hour and woke up feeling better (rather to my own surprise: since when does that work on the bad ones?). I felt slightly light-headed on and off this morning, though, which was disconcerting. Now I'm feeling the cramps, which is not disconcerting, but isn't pleasant either. 
 
Ah well. I had dinner at a friend's house tonight--remember my friend who had twins? They're five now (I know! I know!), and in kindergarten and are reading and all sorts of ridiculousness. Who told them they were allowed to get so big? I was there to lend my friend some knitwear for a Christmas concert she's singing in: hats and scarves and mittens on loan, I feel like a museum! It's nice to be appreciated, anyway.

I'm off to watch the end of the Bruins game. I'll leave you with this:

Two Signs That the Universe Has a Sense of Humor
I brought my car in for an oil change Saturday morning, so I was shall-we-say displeased Monday night to turn on my headlights and discover that one of them had blown. Very funny, ha ha. Nice timing I don't think! This car eats headlights, honestly. Still, I don't work that far from the shop, and today I went over at lunch and they put in a new one for me, no problem. Then I got in my car, turned it on, and the radio came on ... playing One Headlight. Proof that the universe has a sense of humor, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment