Saturday, December 22, 2012

And Away I Go

I'm so glad that I gave myself this day between work and travel, for packing and getting organized in a leisurely way. After the day I had yesterday, if I had needed to get home and pack-pack-pack last night in order to travel today, my head might have exploded. This way, I'm easing into relaxing vacation mode, and it feels fine.

I am, in fact, mostly packed now: "all" I have left to do is clothing. I know, that's not nothing, but I like to ponder it last. I wanted to do a few loads of laundry today, more so that it will be done when I return than that I need things to take with me, but that's done now. I even had time to run over to the library earlier and pick up a book that came in. It's chilly and windy out (a wind advisory, even), but partly sunny, and though there may be snow flurries tonight, it doesn't seem that it will be anything to worry about for early-morning travel (thank heavens).

Carlos has been asking for plenty of attention today, but he is also able to relax without me sometimes, which is a good thing.
The baby. Missing him is the only bad part about leaving. Knowing I'm coming back to him does make leaving Florida and family easier. But I'm jumping too far ahead: I haven't even gone yet! Happy holidays, and be good while I'm away.

2 comments:

  1. Have a Merry Christmas and a great visit with your mom and brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlos looks like Linus! Have a great trip and a Merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete