Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Frontier I Don't Know What to do With

I have a little problem, one that is a first for me.

There's this sweater in the new Northstyle catalog that I like. It's long and swishy and I like its lines. See?

Not wild about the sequins, but otherwise I like it a lot.

But I don't want to buy it.

I want to knit it.

This is new ground for me as a knitter, people. And I'm not quite up to retro-designing it on my own, so ... what do I do? Try to find one like it? (Searching on Ravelry for a long knit cardigan for an adult brings up more than 5000 matches.)

Or ... what?

Whimper. Me wants it.


4 comments:

  1. Ask in the ravelry forums. I think there is a group devoted to this kind of thing - "find me a pattern" or something. Or just ask in one of the main groups, they'll direct you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, pretty! I like the sequins, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like.

    Hrm, looks like it's some sort of ribbing. That would flatter a lot of figures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Patternfish -- it doesn't sort as well as Ravelry, but...

    At any rate, if you go to my pinterest page:
    http://pinterest.com/leslieileen/for-ccr-sweater-suggestions/
    you can see some ideas for similar patterns. None are exactly the same but they'd give you a framework to work from.

    ReplyDelete