Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hockey Springs Along (And So Does Spring)

Well, last night's Bruins game was better than the first two games! Possibly combined. After a slow-ish start, their emotions and intensity seemed to pick up, they scored, they pulled off the win, and I'm nervously hopeful for game 4. Things are getting nasty, the teams are sniping at each other through the media as well as on the ice, and that means playoffs! (For example.)

The grocery store is firmly on the bandwagon:
I wonder if things started slowly because the Bruins and Caps don't have a heavy-duty playoff history? Unlike Montreal, say, who we play just about every year*, and where the hatred is firmly established. Just a thought.
*Not this year, though, since they DNQ! Ha.

*****
I feel as though I haven't written a lot about the weather this year. I think that's been mostly a superstitious fear of jinxing things, as we had a wonderfully mild winter, an early spring, and a week of summer mid-March that got all the flowers and trees confused. After that heat wave, the temps got closer to typical spring, and I have to admit I was a little wistful. I like warm. I like hot! But hey, I honestly feel like I can't complain these days.

I don't check the weather forecast that much, so I was caught by surprise yesterday, when it was over 90. Thrilled! But surprised. Only a few days before, I needed a jacket! But hey, bring it on.

Though I think it was too much for the remaining mini-eggs. I noticed that they all cracked!
Kind of funny. Today was mid-80s, and pretty much my idea of perfection. (Of course, it's not going to last: 70s coming, and then 50s. But whatever.) I decided that I would take today's exact weather for ten months a year. That would leave 3 weeks of autumn, 2 weeks of winter, and 3 weeks of spring before returning to this:
Bliss. Speaking of which, I recently discovered this drink, a frozen caramel from Panera. Simply delicious, and the largest straw I have ever seen.

And if we're to speak of spring, what about strawberry shortcake? Shouldn't we mention that?
Not fresh berries, but good just the same.

Now, I know that winter scarves do not belong in such weather. But when I started this, last Thursday, I was chilly, I swear!
Finished it today. Just long enough to fit doubled around my neck, the way I wanted it to. I'm going to try to block it a little longer; I used every bit of the yarn, but maybe I can stretch another inch or two out of it. Pictures of that to come, before and after if I get my act together.

It feels very nice, not that I want to touch it too much right now. Ahhhh.

1 comment:

  1. Hullo! Lurker, here, but I also knit and like the Bruins.

    ReplyDelete