Saturday, April 07, 2012

Hockey Wraps, Wee Knit Updates

The Bruins played their last game of the regular season this afternoon, with the somewhat unusual start time of 4 PM--not quite matinee, not quite night game. They had to go to the shootout, but they beat Buffalo to end on a high note; the playoffs start Thursday*, and after Washington's game tonight, we'll know if it's against Washington or Ottawa. Go Bruins!
*Unofficially, pending the announcement tomorrow from the league. Playoffs start Wednesday, but the Celtics are at home that night, so the Bruins are pretty sure to start Thursday.

*****
After I made the baby sweater, I had yarn left over, enough to make not one but two baby hats (as seen here). To my surprise, I still had enough yarn left to not want to waste it, so I decided to use the scraps to make wee baby mittens for wee baby hands.

Two pair of Easy Summer Baby Mittens, one each of sizes small and medium. And that finishes the yarn off for good!

Today I worked on tails for the bunny blanket, and I started something new, for Grandma's upcoming birthday; pictures and details to come.

*****
I have a touch of a headache tonight. Not awful, but not going away, either. Hopefully I can sleep it off.

*****
Don't miss the annual Peeps contest at the Washington Post. Good stuff here, including Downton Abbey! Speaking of which, I finally got through Season Two, and wow! I can already hardly wait for next season. So many questions, so many possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment