Saturday, January 07, 2012

More of Hockey

This morning, as part of Hockey Day in New England or some such, NESN rebroadcast the Stanley Cup Finals Game 7 in which the Bruins won the Cup last season. It was even more entertaining, and much less nerve-wracking, than it was to watch the first time, in real time. Knowing the Bruins win in the end makes all the difference!

I'd forgotten that after the Bruins got their empty-net goal, NBC showed footage of the last time the team won the Cup, in 1972. This is the equivalent of a media outlet "calling" an election before the votes are all in. I would have hated that as a Canucks fan, but of course there we are. I loved it.

The broadcast preceded the Bruins matinee game against Vancouver, the much-ballyhooed rematch, blah blah whatever, how would the Bruins do, after two such unbalanced wins this week?

Well, I hoped. And it was a wild game. But they lost in the end, and two players got game misconducts, which could lead to suspensions. So it was entertaining, but it wasn't quite what I was hoping for.

*****
This video was on Puck Daddy with the headline: This 3-year-old knows San Jose Sharks better than you.

Not only does this kid know the Sharks better than I do:



He may know the Sharks better than I know the Bruins!

PS Joe Thornton makes me choke a little, too, kid. It's the way he is. You'll get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment