Friday, February 18, 2011

Oh, Weekend, How I Love You

My goodness, but I was hungry today! Ever have a day like that? All day long, I kept wanting a little more, a little something, sure I ate lunch but that was an hour ago, it's time for more ... I wonder if the full moon could be blamed for that, like it is for busy ERs and police calls. Have you seen it, the current moon? It followed me home last night, and it was beautiful, ethereal, otherworldly.

Hungry and sleepy, actually. Since I was feeling kind of weird last night, I decided I'd better take a PM pill so I'd get a good night's sleep. After the Bruins kindly won their game (thank zeus), I got ready for bed and Boom, was out like a light. It was not easy to get up this morning, and then after breakfast, I got on the (made) bed with Carlos for a brief snuggle, something I often do, and started to drift off again. Whoops! Not the weekend yet!

Boy, was I tired, though. It's not like I'm doing physical labor or anything these days; extreme knitting doesn't burn many calories (too bad), and that whole five minutes on the bike, while a start, isn't likely to make much of a difference either. Though I have done it three times this week already, and am pleased with myself for that (that's more than I managed in all of January, so nowhere to go but up). I found I could knit while on the bike, which helped keep my eyes off the clock the whole time. Still, it isn't burning off a handful of M&Ms, let along enough to make me tired.

Hockey and News
The Internet is an amazing thing, isn't it? I used to get the majority of my Bruins news from the Globe every morning. These days, I read at least half a dozen hockey blogs, and learn about a trade ten minutes after it happens. (And the blogs are quoting Twitter. What a world.)

For a while now (days and days), the Bruins have been rumored to be wheeling and dealing with Toronto for Tomas Kaberle. Will he/won't he, no trade clause, in exchange for what, how to clear cap space*, blah blah blah. This afternoon, the Bruins traded two players (Mark Stuart and Blake Wheeler) to Atlanta for two players I've never heard of (though of course I'm sure they're wonderful), thus clearing the cap space for the Kaberle trade to go through. It's a fairly big trade, name player and all, and the Atlanta trade is much smaller but a big piece of the puzzle.

*That's the salary cap, not anything to do with the size of a hat, by the way.

The trade from earlier this week* is probably somewhere in the middle; they traded a draft pick to Ottawa and picked up Chris Kelly, who I also don't think I ever heard of. The funny part of that trade is that because he's a Canadian guy playing for a Canadian team, he couldn't get his visa straightened out in time for last night's game in Long Island. He will, in fact, be playing his first game as a non-Senator against the Senators, which has to be weird--whoops, wrong dressing room! And Kaberle is supposed to be joining the team tonight too, which kind of blows my mind: already? Really?

*A pretty busy trading season for the Bruins, and the trade deadline isn't even until the 28th.

I hope the Bruins win. But considering how sleepy I am at 6 PM, I doubt I will notice if they don't.

1 comment:

  1. Carlos caught you in his snuggle trap, did he?

    I would probably get a headache if I did something like knit (if I could) on the bike--your head doesn't bother you afterwards? I get something like motion sickness.

    Hooray for the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete