Monday, February 07, 2011

Another Reason Why Word Choice is So Important

And here's why: when people are living with colder-than-usual temperatures, and heavier-than-usual snowfalls...



...it's hard to convince them of the scientific backing for a concept called "Global Warming."

Thank you, Slate Magazine.

And now they're saying, "Well, we meant to call it Climate Change!" But I say, too little, too late.

You could have chosen a scare-tactic name, you could have chosen a neutral-toned name, but no. You chose something that sounds good to me. That's where you went wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmph. All I want to know is, if everything is changing, where do I have to move to get the weather we used to have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. My family knows not to use the term "global warming" around me - I always correct them and point out it is "climate change".

    Kate? I'm afraid you'd have to move about 50 years into the past for that.

    ReplyDelete