Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Whew. Just Whew.

The holidays, you know? Wonderful stuff, loved people, favorite events, but oh, So Much, So Many, So Constant. I just had twelve consecutive days of Things, Stuff, Social Contact, and while I wouldn't have declined any of it, that's about twice as many days of social contact (other than basic how-was-your-weekend at work, or I'm-picking-up-holds at the library) as I usually have in a month. I'm kind of wiped out.

So tonight is going to be very quiet Chez Cat Hair. The family left this morning, and I suspect the cats and I will make an early night of it. I may update on the rest of the holidays tomorrow, or it might be Friday (no work! yay! whew!). No promises.

I will tell you now, though, that I woke at one point last night with kitty cuddled up to me in bed, paw resting on my hand, as Carlos is wont to do. I leaned over and kissed the kitty head, and wondered what felt different ... and then there was a "Mrrp" from the floor, and Carlos jumped up on the bed. Yes, Miri was cuddled up to me in bed, without the love of her life nearby. I suppose stranger things have happened, but I can't think what.

Peace, out.

1 comment:

  1. You got the Folgers Switch of cats! "We've secretly replaced her snuggly boy cat with her normally standoffish girl cat. Let's see if she notices the difference." Ha!

    ReplyDelete