Monday, December 13, 2010

A few more notes of Christmas

What kind of slacker chocolate-advent-calendar-reporter am I? I missed days and days here!

Well, all right, I haven't done Saturday and Sunday yet. You can't say I "missed" today's report, but still. Sheesh, ccr. Get with the program.

Sooo, Saturday was Sweet Shells:



Sunday was mmm-mmm Marblehead Mints:



And today was pretty Periwinkles:


Whose feet could those be?

Now, where am I? I decorated my tree yesterday, so it's all pretty and Christmassy here Chez Cat Hair. I really wished for camera in hand as I got into bed last night and both cats came along, and simultaneously sniffed branches. It was very cute; you'll just have to imagine it. (Carlos on the left, Miri on the right.) I do have pictures of the tree itself, maybe they'll show up here tomorrow.

So, I reached a new point in The Knitting Thing recently--I haven't crossed the line, but I'm standing looking over it, trying to decide if this is a good idea or not.

My mother sent me a sweater, just-because, a Christmas-y sweater in the better sense of the description; it's white with a red "bow" around it. Kind of cute, right:


I like it, and more to the point, I tried it on and liked the way it looks on me, which does not always follow. Except. The neckline.

My first response was, "It gives me a double chin!" Then, more rationally, I admitted, "It accentuates my tendency toward a double chin." However you spin it, the fact is that the neckline does not suit me. It doesn't feel great, but it looks worse. "Too bad," I said, and headed toward the bag of clothes-to-donate to put it in.

But then. I paused, hearing a voice wondering, "Hey, knitter, could you take the cowl-neck off? And then do something knitterly? In red, even? Maybe?"

And I just can't tell, does this voice speak of madness, or possibility? Let me hasten to add that I am NOT thinking of trying to get this done for this holiday season. I am all about getting things OFF the to-do list right now, not putting anything ON it. But. Maybe?

I brought the idea up at stitch and bitch tonight, and they suggested I bring it in for a consult, so I'll do that in the new year. We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously! There's no reason you can't fix that one little problem with it. It's a really cute sweater, too.

    We have our tree up and lit but not decorated. Our daughter always likes to decorate the tree but she's been busy and I'm not sure if she'll be able to get around to it. I hate it when traditions change. At some point she's going to move away and then what will we do!

    ReplyDelete