Friday, January 16, 2009

It was the week that was

Guess why I stopped at LL Bean after work to buy new gloves?


I am not a fan of such temperatures. And my old leather gloves, though lined, have never been as warm as this climate demands.

This week, though, the demands have ramped up to the level of OMG I can't feel my fingers, which is not good while driving. It may take me a while to get used to driving in these, as they are a quite a bit bulkier than the others, but they are DOWN, people, and before I got all the way home, my hands were hot. HOT.

And while it was slightly warmer this evening than this morning, I don't really think it was the 14 degree heat-wave that heated my hands.

The Cat Committee would like to report continued progress on the "Jeez Harold, she's not trying to kill you and even if she was she weighs half what you do so chill out" front. Last night, we achieved this.


In the same room, in the same vicinity, and no vicious bickering. Whew. We progress.

I'm still going to segregate them tonight, because oh, I am so tired this week, and I can't handle any potential politicking in the middle of the night on my bed. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Meanwhile, there's no doubt: she's cute.


Look! The elusive yawn shot! I love those.


Earlier this week, Harold demonstrated that it isn't her scent that bothers him.


Exactly what does bother him? Well, if he's anything like his mother, just the idea of change makes him break out. We're slow adapters sometimes. Once he gets used to the idea, it will become his own.

Or something. Yawn. How am I so tired?

1 comment:

  1. I think you have the same carrier I do; mine collapses for storage, does yours? And it's nice to see that there's progress being made. You're doing well.

    Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete