Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cats, and Hope

Finally, some sunlight to photograph Herself in.


She tends to wake up whenever I come near, resulting in a shot of her stretching while Harold keeps sleeping.


And one of her watching me while Harold... um, keeps sleeping.


And maybe you can't tell in this shot, but her eyes are open.


Meanwhile, on Friday night I bought hope at the store. Thanks to some gift cards, there was bookish hope:

(I had read all except Beedle, thanks to the library, and I wanted to own them! And now I do. contented sigh.)

And in the midst of January, nothing says hope like some bulbs.


The hyacinth is already opening. It smells like Spring.

4 comments:

  1. hi! i stumbled across your blog thru molly's (these little moments) "de-lurking" post (tried to publish the next comment after your's). as a cat lover/owener (i think they prefer " a cat servant") i had to come and look at your new kitty - both of them are really cute. however, i'm terribly sorry for you loss of your other cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool blog title (to me, anyway), very fine cats, and lovely 2008 knitting! And the snow! Iaarived in Boston from NC on December 18, in a snow storm, and enjoyed the slush in Brighton a lot. Now I'm back in the sort-of sunny sort-of south, where cats also sleep a lot and chase yarn mice, and the knitting and reading are just fine, when I can get time free from work. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those bulbs! I can't wait to garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! The luxury of reading! The pure pleasure of holding a book in your hands, snuggled into a chair or couch or bubble bath... and the non-tech, non-work-related titles! I am *so* going to scarf up a couple of those titles for my long weekend visit to mother & Florida next month. It seems so far away right now...

    Herself is looking well, and so is Harold. I hope you are as well.

    As for the incoming snow...what can I say? I am glad you are here, but I am *very* tired of so much snow as I am sure you are!

    ReplyDelete