Thursday, July 03, 2008

Yarn started, and another garden update

With some tangles but no meltdowns, I got the skein of Kangaroo into balls last night. If I keep buying skeined yarn, it's going to be time (and past) to get a swift and ballwinder; the de-tangling got excessively tedious. Still, I like the result!


I started a swatch today, to see if I should use 2s or 1s, but it's too early to measure. Further updates as events unfold.

In garden news, these may be the world's smallest green beans:


And do you know how many of these teeny-tiny tomatoes I counted?


Thirteen, and there are more flowers coming. They're not all as big as these, though!

After work, I beat the latest thunderstorm and got my cups of kitty litter in the ground, by the cukes and peas. I wonder if I'll need them by the tomatoes? I used up all the litter I had with me, but perhaps I'll bring more next week.


You know, after my three days off. Boy, do I need them! I've been feeling very stressed this week. Work just doesn't slow down, and I'm cranky. But three days of nothing much is just what the doctor ordered. And to get off to a good start, I'm going to go get ready for bed now! I probably won't post tomorrow (I'm visiting my friend in Providence), so happy fourth of July! (Is everyone here American? Well, have a happy fourth even if you're not.)

Definitely time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. Great tomato babies. What's the kitty litter for? Those cups are a bit small for litter boxes! LOL

    ReplyDelete