Monday, July 28, 2008

I just flew back from Florida...

...and boy, are my arms tired!

Actually, all of me is tired. Why is traveling so tiring even when most of what you're doing is sitting and waiting?

I had a great weekend (unless you want to talk about delays, a cancellation, or screaming children, but who wants to talk about those?).

See?

It's always good to visit the parents:


Just kidding, not theirs! They prefer a condo to a house. A condo with views of sunsets:


And of course an osprey visiting next door.


Too pretty.


And this beach is the one that has spoiled me for just about all others. I go to beaches up here and ask, where are the shells?


This is the haul from one walk.


On the other day, I carried the camera instead of the shell bag, so that I could show you this:



4 comments:

  1. Visiting my mother in Tampa doesn't net the same level of shells, nor the same spectacular sunsets. Nice enough, but yours, Oh My! Thanks for sharing...well, except the part with the screaming child.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the camera instead of the shell bag one day. Did you draw that cat? Talented!

    I assume the shells were arranged and photographed at your parents' or did you manage to get them home without breakage? It's a lovely arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran across your blog & I have to say that your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had shells like that here, those are fabulous! Did you draw the kitty? The real question I have is did you photograph the manatee mailboxes? Just teasing...
    well only a little.

    ReplyDelete