Monday, November 05, 2007

Cowl Complete!

Meet today's lovely model, Egbear:


Because the cowl, she is finished, but by itself, it photographs not so well:


You don't get the spirit of it, do you? But this is better.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I can wear it around the neck, where it is lovely and warm:


And I can pull the back up over my head, if I feel chilly around the ears but don't quite want a hat:


Is this any better, photographically, at conveying it? I can't decide, myself.


Side view:


It rolls a little at the ends, of course, since it is stockinette, but overall I think I made it long enough (it's 17 inches). I don't want it to be too bulky, and the knitting was getting increasingly awkward as I had more to move around the needles due to the twist. Not unworkable, but less enchanting than it was at first. I wore it most of today in the chill-hole I call work, and it worked out quite nicely. Around the neck when I'm just chilly, up on the head when the wind-chill at my desk gets to be a bit much. I like it! It's so satisfying to have made something that turned pretty much just the way I was envisioning.

6 comments:

  1. I love when that happens, when I think something up in my head and lo and behold, it comes off the needles that way. Very satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egbear is obviously a most superior bear (love those stripes; he looks like mink!); but while he looks elegant in the cowl, you look even better. Beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the cowl! While Egbear is lovely, the cowl looks much more fetching on you! I love the front view with the twist just so.

    If you can pull that up over your head at your desk at work, it must be reeeeally chilly in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That came out so very nice. My main problem with the Bordi-style moebius is that it has 2 halves - one shows stockinette, the other reverse. Showing all stockinette looks so much nicer. Great color too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Caroline... it's Joanna. It's been awhile since I've checked your blog. I love the cowl!!!! I want to buy a few for Christmas... I think you can sell them!

    Good job. Love, Joanna

    ReplyDelete