Friday, November 16, 2007

If cats could clone

Lately, I've been getting the distinct impression that the one of me is Not Enough for the two cats.

They each frequently come along and are quite dismayed to find that there is Another Cat on my lap when they wish to be there ("Who is that?").

Then there was the time that I was on the couch with Pan on my lap and Harold came along, assessed the taken-lap situation, and jumped up and lay across my chest, much to my surprise--and Pan's! (Pan stayed for a while longer, but left in disgust when Harold started wiggling around.)

One of them will be on my lap, like Pan was tonight, and jump down to go eat or something, then come back and be shocked, yes shocked, to find that the other has taken advantage of the vacancy ("I was only gone for a minute!").

So I think they may be looking into cloning me. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they made 2 of Me, so that they could each have one who didn't ever leave the house (as I am sadly wont to do).

Of course, Pan will have to find time between baths.


He was washing his face, but doesn't it look more like he's making a rude gesture to the paparazzi? He hates the flash.

Meanwhile, Harold appears to be planning his escape.


Perhaps he needs cloning supplies? I've never cloned, but I imagine a trip to the hardware store would be involved.

1 comment:

  1. If cats could clone I know Perry would have cloned my husband several times - once as a doorman, once as a feed-meister and once as an adoring slave, there to rub her belly immediately it's made available. She accepts me since I give her the nighttime treats, but she ADORES him. And since he's the only man she ever fully accepted I guess that's about right :)

    I love Pan's little pink feets... Please kiss them for me and give Harold cab fare: bill my account!

    ReplyDelete