Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Little of This...

Some extremely random thoughts from here and there:
  • Korinthe, you were right about that being Hingham beach in my post on August 11, good eye! I don't boat, so your statement "we've dropped boats in Hingham Harbor more than once" struck me as funny; I want to know, did you pick them up afterward? (Sorry.) As for the Rhode Island beach, I don't think that was the name of the one we went to, but a friend was directing me, and all I did was turn where she told me to go, so I couldn't get there again without her. It's pretty, though, isn't it?
  • According to an article in the Business section of this morning's Globe on minting money, it costs the government two cents to make a penny, and ten cents to make a nickel. They are, apparently, beginning to start to commence to think about looking into ways to make money that costs less than the actual face value of the money, perhaps, someday, if they can overcome the completely impartial lobbying of the manufacturer of the zinc that goes into the pennies. This is my tax money at work. Just lovely.
  • If you sort of let them and sort of encourage them, cucumber vines will grow sideways across the trellis in the most amusing way (if you find that sort of thing amusing, anyway, and clearly I do):
  • You know you've been reading a lot of books featuring vampires when someone irritates you and the first thought that crosses your mind is to go over to them and say, "If you don't stop doing XYZ, I'm going to rip your arm out of its socket." (No, I didn't say it, but I thought of it...)
  • I'll be back after the weekend (well, that's the plan). Have a great one, y'all, whatever constitutes same in your world. I'm going to go pack my camera (along with everything else), so we'll see what was blogworthy when I get back.

2 comments:

  1. Random comments...
    I sincerely hope my virtual arm is safe in its virtual socket...I do sympathize!

    The first time I discovered that it costs more to make money than the money was worth, I looked into the barter system. It made sense and even worked a bit for me until the IRS got snippy about it and tried to tax the value of the services and goods exchanged. That got weird real quick and thus endeth my foray in the the bartering world.

    Your meandering cuke vine is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, no the boats didn't sink and yes we picked them up and took them home with us too! :)

    Hingham Harbor is a nice put-in -- free parking, sheltered beach, relatively close to 128, and you can paddle to the Harbor Islands without too much difficulty, depending on the winds.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete