Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Harlot coming! Cousin coming! Sanity going...

This should be a short post, since I've got to get ready for the Yarn Harlot's appearance tomorrow, and my cousin's visit (she also arrives tomorrow), and thus I can feel my brain trickling away. All for good causes, but still, there it goes! And of course the cats choose now to play chase-and-whap*. So, just a few things to note:

*That's where they chase each other around and periodically stop to whap the snot out of each other. I find it rather stressful. And of course they wait until I have just swept, since it results in a lot of fur flying.

I did make it through the gusset and to the foot on the second sock, so I can plain-old-knit while listening to Stephanie. Whew! (I'm going to be so relieved when this thing is done.)

I now have a cuke growing on my runt plant, or rather, a half-runt cuke:


This is what most of my cukes looked like last year. Hey, they tasted good. As for the other two plants, two days after their last harvests, they're already working on the next ones:



Small, but promising. I'm working mornings while my cousin is here, due to having less vacation time than I thought I was going to have (which will allow her to sleep late and generally lounge a bit, so no harm done), so I'll be able to continue to check on them.

Now, I don't know if, or how often, I'll be posting while she's here, since we'll be busy gallivantin' and stuff. Sorry to delay Harlot stories, if that turns out to be the case, but, you know, life before blog, sometimes anyway. I'll be back in a week, if not sooner. Have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. That first picture scares me. The half-runt cuke vaguely resembles what I'd always thought a triffid would look like...

    Of course life before blog, how else you gonna get blog fodder! Have fun with your cousin, enjoy Stephanie, and we'll wait patiently. Well. Sorta. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your cousin and the Harlot. I saw her in May at Northampton and it was an interesting experience; I hope yours is as pleasant as mine.

    See you next week :)

    ReplyDelete