Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Three games, not much hope left

The Bruins play tonight (they're losing to Montreal), and again Thursday, and finally Saturday (the game I'm going to). Then training camp starts in September.

One small bright spot in the drear that has been the lot of a Bruins fan this season has been the quality of coverage in the Boston Globe. Kevin Paul Dupont has always been great (I often get to a particularly well-crafted part of an article, check the byline, and nod: it's Dupont), I liked Nancy Marrapese-Burrell (who isn't covering the Bruins this season, I don't know why), and I've been pleased with Fluto Shinzawa's work. Even their fillers-in to the world of hockey do well; recently, I enjoyed this analogy (and only hope it's true):
This rebuilding process, like a kitchen remodel, is taking longer than planned, and while it's going on the Bruins have to live with the mess.
The only change I would make would be "...the Bruins and their fans have to live with the mess." Too true. At the risk of sounding like the classic Red Sox fan, wait til next year, eh?

As to the so-called hat, thank you all for the comments (block it? really? on a plate? what a sheltered little knitter I am). My frustration is with how it turned out so unlike I imagined it would be. It's not an unattractive knit object: it's just ... not a hat. I think what I'll do is provide more photos, both of the pinwheel and of other hats I've made, so you can see where it falls short of my expectations.

So: a hat photo essay to come, but not tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment