Thursday, April 12, 2007

Not so pointy

My car passed a mileage milestone recently. I talk about liking words (well, I do, I love them), and not numbers, but it's really math I don't enjoy. Numbers can be neat, and I was fascinated by this one:


Then there's The Sock. Ta-da! It's done!


The actual color is somewhere between the flash and no flash photos.


When the sock is turned inside out, the ribbing is much more apparent:

And just look at the inside-out foot:


Can you believe how many pictures I put up? It's a sock, not the Sistine Chapel ceiling. Still, I impressed myself with this.

That will be all about the sock for now, really. It is fated to remain a single sock until a pair of baby sweaters have sprung from the needles. I'm checking gauge for that now, not so photogenic, but hopefully the first sweater, once started, will be blogworthy.

2 comments:

  1. I can not believe that I have never come across your blog (just now bookmarked) before!

    Your comment on the Yarn Harlot's blog, "'Get' weird? You put 'knit' and 'chicken' in the same sentence, and you can wave good-bye to weird as it rapidly recedes in the rear-view mirror" still has me laughing. (I love the alliteration, too.) I had to come over to your blog, forsaking all other comments.

    And then (I typed "hen"---tee-hee!)I saw a picture of your odometer. I took a picture of my first car's odometer when it went to 123,456.7 miles. No one else I know understands why I did this, nor why I was upset when the picture didn't come out.

    Back to the rest of your blog, then back to the Harlot's. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the mileage pic. Hey, your car's totally binary! And yay on the sock - of course you have to put up several pix of your first, it's your first. What else would any knitter do? Looking good, there.

    Plus I agree with anneonymouseone. Wonderful comment on Steph's blog. I was in whoops - and thinking, "Hah, I read ccr regularly!" [g] I know you're not doing it for the advertising, but I do hope people will notice and come by, so they can enjoy your blog too!

    ReplyDelete