Thursday, April 25, 2024

A Few Updates and Things

 A little of this, a smidgen of that.

  • Margaret asked which credit card design I chose: I went for the mix tape, since it makes me laugh, and who doesn't need more of that in everyday life?

  • I opened the package of Peeps I got right after Easter, and I just tried one and they're barely stale. I know it grosses some people out, but I like them stale, so that they're chewier, and if they haven't gotten that way in more than three weeks, they aren't going to. The formulation must have changed. No more Peeps for me, then. That's okay.
  • Elisabeth wrote about a trip to PEI that her family took two years ago, and that made me think to pull out the lighthouse certificate I got on one of our trips there, when we went point to point on the island. Actually, Mom and I each got our own cert, with our names written on them (I erased mine to put it up here). I wonder if they still do this? I am forced to admit that 1996 is a few years ago now.


  • I mentioned in the post about my new cabinet that I bruised my foot getting it in, and wow, did I ever! It's a bit swollen, and turning nice shades of black and blue; Tuesday night it was so sore and achy that I sent a message to my doctor asking if it was true that a foot isn't broken as long as you can walk on it. (Her answer: generally yes, but come in if you want it checked out. I'm giving it a little more time to see if it gets better or worse.) I will spare you any photos of it for now, but trust me, ow. Still worth it, though! But it's slowing down my yarn re-org progress. I'll keep icing it, rest as much as possible, and hope for the best.
  • Speaking of the yarn re-org! It isn't done, as I'm slowed down by my foot and also by the cleaners due to come tomorrow, but I'm so happy with what I've done so far. After a few changes-of-mind, I have all fingering-weight yarn along here:
  • Mmm, well, I guess I should clarify: all of that is fingering yarn. It is not all the fingering yarn I have. Ahem. My personalized retirement yarn store plan is coming along nicely. Further updates as they happen.
  • Someone in the building is having their condo gutted this off-season, and the jackhammering started today. It is so loud. (They like to do such noisy work in the summer, "when no one is here." Ha, says the no one who is in fact here.) So loud. Just so loud. Thankfully, they did stop around 4, at least; it could actually have been worse.
I think that's all the "I should blog about this" things I was thinking of, but if I missed something, ask away!

7 comments:

  1. Your credit card will be unique! I would love to visit PEI since I'm a huge Anne of Green Gables fan. It is very easy to break a bone in the foot; I would have it checked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was reading the Anne books that made me want to go in the first place! It was less of an overwhelmingly tourist experience then; the last time we went, it seemed like an Anne industry. Though there are still pockets where you really feel it.

      Delete
  2. That chest is a work of art unto itself with all those colors and yarn.

    Does that tape look like it has the eyes of a cat to you, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackhammering in the neighborhood is DEFINITELY a decrease in quality of life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! It starts to feel like surely, all possible work within earshot has been done? And then something new starts. Happily, in this case, the noisy part has, if not finished, paused for a while. Any break is good!

      Delete
  4. Mixtape for the win! I love it.

    So sorry about your foot. I hope it's not something terribly serious. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to get it X-rayed today to make sure nothing is broken. So annoying. Frail human bodies.

      Delete