Friday, April 24, 2020

Unteasing

So! The three things I showed you yesterday are:

First, another headband I knitted. Same pattern as the one I made before, the Hot Mess Headband, using the skein of Knit Picks Main Line that came in the bag of yarn. It's a slightly heavier weight, but 75/25 cotton/merino, so I figured it would paradoxically be a lighter option in hot weather, when I might not want the llama tickling my neck. I cast on 18 instead of 22 stitches, and made it slightly shorter as well, since the first one either stretched or was a bit too long to begin with; it stays on pretty well, but this version has less give, so I didn't want it falling off. It works fine so far.

Then there's the progress on the lacy scarf. The project is coming along nicely; I like the look of the pattern, and am very happy with the colors. Win-win!

And then there's the yarn. Yeah, I know what you want to see more of!

I got two skeins from Purple Lamb Fiber Arts. One is on the base Sock Perfection, colorway Onyx and Sapphires.
It's mostly black, but the blue bits will show up throughout, like you can see on the product page.
So pretty. And soft.
Then there's Beautiful Universe, on Sparkly Merino Sock.
I just couldn't resist.
Like stars against the milky way, is how I imagine it will knit up.

I may try putting them together for a project, or may do separate things with them; undecided right now, but I have them, for when I'm ready!

By the way, I did get one more thing in that order, not yarn...I'll tell you about that another time. Leave them wanting more!

No comments:

Post a Comment