Monday, April 27, 2020

A Field Trip (a story from Before)

Doesn't it feel like forever since one could say, "I went out with friends and had fun," and have that not be a shocking idea?

A while back, when we were, well, if not unaware of All This coming at us like a freight train, we were at least in a state of How bad can it get, really?* about it, I went out with some of my local knitting friends, who I've met at the Thursday night LYS knitting group, to a Miss Babs trunk shop at another yarn store, A Good Yarn of Sarasota. Yes, I felt like we were cheating on the local store! Having a stitch-and-bitch in a yarn store has distinct pluses and minuses over having one elsewhere.
*And now we all know just how bad, but truly, we didn't then.

So, yes, when the idea was discussed, I was very interested in going. Sure, why not? Getting to know the knitters better! Seeing a yarn store I hadn't seen before! Miss Babs yarn!

We went in two cars, and stopped for lunch before going to the yarn store. It's a very nice one; I only wish it was closer. And they had a huge amount of Miss Babs in the back room!

The left and part of the center:
More of the center:
And there was more to the right, and just outside the back.

Scenes from around the store:




But you want to know what I bought, right? Well, I want to show you!

Three skeins of Yummy 2-ply, in colors I thought went well together (Greatly Desired, Whale Watch, and Franklin):

And then these two:
Yummy again, in colorway Chalcedony, and the real swoon, Sojourn, which is cashmere and silk, in colorway Sea Life. It is amazing, trust me.

The store had a lot of good stuff, but I restrained myself and only got one more thing: Some Blue Moon Fiber Arts Featherlight (that's the Socks That Rock people), in this fun colorway, Blue Ribbon.

It was such a good day (though I really have to remember that I'm not comfortable being one of three in a back seat, even the back seat of a comfy SUV, even not in the middle). Seems like another life, now.

ETA: Don't miss the update!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous yarn, and all the better with friends.

    I can't wait till we can all go on that sort of outing again.

    ReplyDelete