Monday, September 23, 2019

Not at Great Length

It is with great relief that I report a complete lack of mind-numbing roofing noises today. Apparently they need some supplies to come in, which may not be here tomorrow either. Cross your fingers for us; the reprieve has been wonderful, and I would adore another day of it.

Because, wow, am I ever still exhausted and brain-dead. The whole funeral trip went fairly smoothly*, but it was just A Lot, you know? Travel and plans and driving and directions and coordination and family and standing and remembering distant cousins and wearing grown-up clothes and trying to work when I could--just a lot.
*Other than having to make a tight connection in Detroit from gate 12 to gate 61**, the worst thing to go wrong was our suitcase not making the connection coming home--how, I don't know, since we were in Philly for over two hours--but even that was really no big deal, compared to the trouble it would have caused on the way up, and they delivered it Sunday morning while I was still in bed.
**Did you know that terminal A in Detroit is a mile long? There's a tram inside the terminal!

So I'm back, things are 'fine,' and I'm hoping to regain some energy and equilibrium soon, since in two and a half weeks, I'm traveling again, ulp. Today, no matter how much I'm looking forward to the trip, that thought is overwhelming, but hopefully balance will return to me soon. Right? It will? Just say yes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you lost your grandmother and glad you had your suitcase for the funeral and for the peace and quiet for a day.

    ReplyDelete