Monday, June 18, 2018

Yarn Quest

On Saturday, Mom and I went on a little errand adventure, with me driving to get the practice. After lunch, we were heading to Ft Myers to check out a yarn shop that I had seen online, called Hooked on Ewe.

When we were getting close, I found myself in an exit-only lane and had to go a little off the route, so I decided to put the address in the GPS and have it guide me the rest of the way. This was not a mistake, but did lead to confusion.

You see, I had looked at the map to find the store, and if you look at the bottom circle on this map, you will see that it appears to be in the outlet mall there. Which seemed a little odd, but not impossible. However, as it turns out, if you put the actual address into the map, it shows the real location, nearby (top circle).
Not only that, but the GPS did not use the route that I would have chosen, based on the actual location. I've drawn lines on this map to show it.
The black line is what the GPS wanted us to do, and I did follow it at first, though we were very puzzled as to why we were being sent through this little side neighborhood. When it looked like it was sending us down someone's driveway (that last curve), we said nope, went back out the way we came in, and followed the red route to where I had thought the store actually was, aka, in with the outlets. When, of course, it wasn't there, we went out the other side of the outlet mall and followed the GPS from there. Honestly, the GPS would have been much more sensible to send us the blue route in the first place. Confusing all around!

The store was nice, though, so I call it worth the trouble. It's a good-sized place, with lots of good yarns and other things, like fun knit-related decor.



I was on a mission for yarn for a baby blanket, and ended up coming out with this:
Not the greatest photo, though! It's Major, from Universal Yarn, colorway Aloe, and it's tones of blues with green and sort of light beige and I don't know what. It reminds me of the beach and the water. It's soft, it's machine washable, it's all good.

So on Sunday, I swatched, since the blanket I chose, Camilla, calls for Aran weight and this is bulky, so I may not make as many repeats across. To be determined!
I like how it comes out, at any rate.

2 comments:

  1. We'll just have to go there when I come visit you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I recommend the Waze app. It's a better GPS than some, and it routes you around sudden traffic problems. I once watched the icons showing an accident happen almost in real time while my husband was driving as Waze tried to route us over to the other freeway.

    ReplyDelete