Sunday, June 10, 2018

Pictures!

Time for some settling-in pictures! They are fairly crappy, but a lot of things have been unpacked but not yet determined where they go, so of course it's a bit of a mess that way. These are from Saturday, so I'm happy to say that there has been more progress since then. My intentions are to take it slowly with the unpacking, but intentions only take one so far, and I do keep working until my arms hurt. (As one of my dad's relatives liked to say, we get too soon old and too late smart.) But the process of unpacking is so much more fun than packing was. Figuring out where to put things is satisfying.

Most of my big bookcases are in the living room. I got the OED unpacked first, and then put in the combined fiction/mystery/sci-fi/fantasy books. Oh, and then the TV.
The fiction etceteras start here, then there are two shelves of DVDs above that. We've got room for a couple of shelves above, and will put photos on them, probably. The Ikea cube is there because it wouldn't fit in the bedroom or office when the movers came; it may stay there, or may move, undecided. It's not in the way where it is for now.
Looking into my office. All but one of those boxes are gone now.
The chair was a give from a friend of my mother. It's pretty comfortable. The idea is that when we have a house guest, the chair goes into the living room, which leaves a spot for the airbed.
The desk area:
I was so glad to get that set up Tuesday afternoon, so I could use my second monitor for work.

I didn't take photos of the bedroom, but I will get to that, and update these, as things continue to fall into place. For now, I'm off to do something that doesn't involve lifting. At least, not anything heavier than a water glass, or a book.

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of work! Congratulations, and welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you living with your mom or did you get your own place?

    ReplyDelete