Wednesday, June 27, 2018

A Gentle Sufficiency

I finished arranging the yarn today, at least to a point that I feel good about it, but I didn't get photos, so showing you will have to wait. Still, you can feel my happiness about it, right?

Well, all of me is happy except my right ankle, which is fed up with all the bending and squatting and moving of it that I did. Time to pull out the brace and be supported for a few days, which should give it the rest it needs. And yes, I already have an appointment with a new doctor, in September, and I will talk to her about what else I can do for the stupid thing. If it hadn't started bothering me the week after my annual exam last year, I would have talked to that doctor about it, but with the move and all, some things have had to wait.

Speaking of the move, it's four weeks since I came down here. It feels both longer and shorter than that, somehow. The boxes have been unpacked, but the settling process continues. Especially for putting things on walls; before I start banging nails in, I'm trying to be relatively certain about what I want where. The way I was sure about the Rogues of Wool poster here:
And the boarding school photo there.
In the bedroom, though, I'm thinking I may pull out the command hooks and get the party started. One thing at a time.

Meanwhile, today I went to the new chiropractor (I like her!) and I got my first library books out. Ahhh. A good day. Enough to be going on with.

No comments:

Post a Comment