Monday, March 19, 2018

They Seem to Think

They're still claiming that the track of this week's storm(s) can't be predicted with certainty, but right now, they do seem to think we're getting more snow midweek.

After 17 inches last week. And I'm not sure how many inches the week before. And no snow but terrifying, howling wind the week before that. March can bite me.

I am somewhat bitterly amused at how many of my friends are now admitting that even they are tired of it. Yeah, welcome to this frame of mind. I've been here for a while.

Here's a look back at what I had to dig out from last week. I am hoping that this week will be less.

This is how it looked when I woke up last Wednesday.
And after I dug out the back of the car.
Up the driver's side.
And the rest of the driver's side.
The sun did a little work for me.
And finally I cleared off the top, then limped inside, clutching my back.
I am really hoping it won't be as many trips with this week's. It's kind of depressing me to look at these, so let's look at some color next.

Last weekend was the North Shore Yarn Crawl, and though I did not make a day trip of it, as I have so often before, I did stop in one store on Friday night. And I picked up this:
Isn't it lovely? It makes me think of stained glass. So many colors in there, so appealing to someone in a snowy March mood.
It's a brand I hadn't heard of before, Uneek.
And it is self-striping, but not at preset widths. It varies tremendously. (They had a knit sample in the shop, I should have taken a photo of it.) Anyway, I decided to wind it up, since I was getting ready to pack the swift away, and because the ball-winder is already packed, I wound it off the swift by hand.

This takes a surprisingly long time (I had a new appreciation for the ball-winder well before I was done), but was very illustrative about the long color sections in this yarn. Would you think that all of these were the same skein of yarn?


It's going to be interesting to knit with, and see how it plays out.

It was so pretty on the swift.
Hopefully, it will make pretty socks, too.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing this knit up. Hey, it's not blue!

    ReplyDelete