Monday, March 26, 2018

I'll Make It Quick

So, the house cleaners were supposed to come Wednesday, but oops, have to come Tuesday instead (sigh ... don't be changing things on me now), so I need to work on the tidying-things-away tonight before I fall into bed.

So just a few quick things:

  • I went to the movies with friends last night and saw A Wrinkle in Time. Verdict: we liked it but didn't adore it, but felt they did very well with the story, considering, and the lead did an amazing job as Meg. If you wanted to see it, you'll probably like it, but I don't think it's an everyone-has-to-see-it movie.
  • My neighbor knocked on my door midday and said, "Sorry to bother you, but ... do you have water?" And I checked my faucet and no, no water coming out, surprise! I had seen that there were a few cones at the corner blocking one street, so I walked down the block and asked the guys digging the extremely large hole in the road if there might be a connection, and they said yes, and they had put out notices last week. This building and its doors ... I will not miss that, not one bit.
  • On the other hand, I had done a couple of loads of laundry before the water went off, and although I'd been thinking of running the dishwasher, had not turned it on, so it could have been much worse. And in fact, it was worse for my neighbor, who said she had wanted to shower before work. Ugh, poor thing.
  • Why is that, when you go to turn the faucet to see if the water is back on, and you know that if it is it will be loud and sputtery, when it sputters loudly, you jump? That isn't just me, right?

1 comment:

  1. Not just you, and yeah, the city needs to do a better job about informing people of things like this.

    ReplyDelete