Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Better! Better Is Amazing!

Last night, after I had felt wonky with the headache hangover all day, the head pain actually increased a bit, not to top levels, but enough to really upset me. Obviously, my headaches don't follow any actual rules, but I am well aware of how they usually proceed, and when one goes off the usual path, it's very hard. I can kind of face the fact that I have no control over them, but then it feels like all I have is the understanding of how they usually go. Don't take that away from me!

I think it was especially hard because of how out-of-control things feel otherwise right now. Not out-of-control like a runaway car racing down a hill, but out-of-control like someone else is driving most of the time, and I can only affect so much (slow down! hurry up! look out!). It's just how this process goes, and I can mostly take a deep breath, or a lot of them, and let it go. "This is temporary," I tell myself over and over. "You will get through it."

However, it has left me with some underlying issues, and the headache flaring up really hit a nerve. "No! That's not how it works! Once it's been horrible, it gets better, never worse! It's not fair!" You can imagine how well the universe listened to that little temper tantrum.

Today was better. Maybe not at first, but slowly, and it got to the point this afternoon when I realized, "Hey! I feel better! I mean, I'm still tired, and wow, my back is sore, but my head is kind of okay! Neat." There really is nothing like that feeling when a migraine blows out to sea.

Oh, and speaking of weather, that snow? Keeps getting pushed later and later. First it was going to Utterly Ruin Wednesday, then it was only going to mess up the evening commute, then it won't get bad until later...a few hours ago, weather.com said it would start light snow showers here by 4, and it's now 5 without a flurry and they're saying by 7. I honestly don't know if I'm going to wake up to a deep fresh blanket all over everything, or a little freezing crud, or anything in between. Either this is one weird and hard-to-predict storm, or the forecasters have just kind of given up. I could understand that, the fourth big storm in four weeks. I'm certainly over it, myself.


1 comment:

  1. We had snow predicted and I figured, yeah, I've heard that before. I'll believe it when I see it. It actually snowed! Quite a bit! I was shocked! Unfortunately, not enough for a snow day but on a day I work from home anyway so it all worked out. Plus, we never lost power (knock on wood).

    Man, I'm ready for Spring.

    ReplyDelete