Monday, September 29, 2014

A Tale of Two Books

I just finished reading a wonderful book, so, so good, and I got it out of the library so I can't lend it to even one person, let alone to everyone. I may have to buy it for myself, though I'll probably wait until it's in paperback, as I usually do. It will be May before I know it, after all.
But anyway! If you are looking for a wholehearted I-loved-it recommendation, the title is Small Blessings, the author is Martha Woodroof, and I know I read about it somewhere, but like so many books, by the time it comes in to the library I don't remember where I read about it. Or much about what it said. I'm so glad I did read about it, though, because my goodness it was good. The kind of good that had me worried about if it could end well enough. Whew.

That's one book in the title of this post, and it's the other I'm giving away (how perverse of me). I happened upon another copy of Soulless* by Gail Carriger, hers are such fun books if you don't mind a little vampire and werewolf with your silliness, and I decided it would be fun to share it with someone who'd like to read it.
*Let me note, as the author often does, that if you haven't read the first book, the descriptions on Amazon and the like for the following books contain MAJOR SPOILERS for the first one, and so on. You have been warned.

Throw a comment down if you'd like to be in the running (and if you want to comment without being interested in the giveaway, that's fine, just say so). Do you have a book to recommend? A comment on the weather? A knitting pattern? Let yourself go. Talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment