Sunday, June 02, 2013

Bruins Hockey, Other Hockey

I didn't do enough today to feel this tired, honestly! Perhaps it's because there's a storm coming in; shall we blame it on that? Yes, let's. Anyway.

Some game last night, eh? The Bruins go into Pittsburgh* and Tuukka gets his first career playoff shutout, Krejci gets two more goals, and Patrice gets into his second career fight? With Malkin?! No one expected any of that. Don't lie, you did not.
*Why do I always want to spell that without the "h" on the end? Can anyone tell me?

Now, none of you may be uber-hockey fans, let alone uber-Bruins fans, but just in case, let me share this lovely summary that someone put together (found via Stanley Cup of Chowder, thanks, guys). It's the game in 21 minutes, and the lovely part is that they married the NBC video with the Bruins radio announcers.

Almost as good as having NESN! I miss Jack and Brick so; it's great that NESN is doing pregame and postgame coverage, and I watched it all, but it simply isn't the same as them having the whole game. Stupid national coverage. Though the NBC guys were complimentary to the Bruins last night, and more so as the game went on, they have their own little tics ("...takes the shot and it wouldn't go!"), mispronounce names, and fasten onto odd points, like what they kept talking about last night, how the Bruins had "active sticks" in the defensive zone. I kind of get what they meant, and I know it's a good thing, but the tenth time they used the phrase, I started to feel like it was code for some strange activity that couldn't be talked about openly on network TV.

Hey, as long as I'm putting up a hockey video that probably no one will watch, here's another. Ten amazing goals by Pavel Datsyuk. Random!

I dare you not to be impressed by number 3. The play-by-play for that one isn't in English, but you have to agree with "Fantastica!" in any language.

The reason for the video, by the timing, is in response to a CBC reporter who recently said of Datsyuk, "not all the God-blessed talent in the world, but he is a hard worker..."

Given that I have more than once heard another player's amazing move described as being "Datsyukian," it's pretty clear that that is crap. I mean, I'm sure he does work hard, but that is some talent there, my friends. You don't break in one-on-four and score like that without it, no matter how hard you work. Period.

Anyway! The Bruins play again tomorrow night, and it should be Very Interesting. Another stupid eight o'clock start, so I know already that I'll be tired on Tuesday. It's the playoffs!

(Does it show you an ad before it? How weird, to show an ad before ... an ad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment