Friday, June 14, 2013

A Sign

One sign that it's fresh pea season: I recognize the man who collects the shopping carts from the parking lot at Wilson's ... and he recognizes me.

(I seem to have made a big impression on him Wednesday night by grabbing one of the carts that someone else left and bringing it in with me. Not that I haven't done it before, but he thanked me as I passed, and then on Thursday and again tonight, when I didn't take carts because I didn't need one [being mostly there just for the peas], he still nodded and smiled at me as we passed.)

Yesterday's were not as freshly picked, but Wednesday's and tonight's were clearly same-day, and so incredibly delicious. I bought 2.6 pounds, 3.74, and 2.75--of course, those weights include the pods, but it's still a lot of delicious, plus the pods go to my friend's father for his compost pile, which makes him happy too. Winning all over! Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment