Thursday, January 10, 2013

Post-Christmas, Presents!

I got a couple of nice Christmas presents before the holidays, which I don't think I've mentioned here yet (and if I did, don't tell me)(no, tell me, I guess)(oh, do whatever you want). Before I show you, though, let me tell you about something in Florida that I didn't get a picture of: a guy on the beach one night was wearing a t-shirt that said, "My drinking team has a hockey problem." I love it! (Even though I don't play hockey, and I don't drink. Whatever.)

Moving on! My cousin sent me a blender, which is actually something I wanted since the smoothie kick has me dubious about the life of my current blender, and look, the one she sent is pretty and red!
I'm really looking forward to playing with it, though if my 8-year-old self heard me say that about a blender, she would be dumbfounded.

The cuz also found these lovely earrings, dolphins, which were especially fun to wear in Florida (though also today, for that matter).

I was also very amused by this message in the box:
"Our jewelry is guaranteed to our customers for the life of the product." So basically you're saying that the product is ... guaranteed to last as long as it lasts? Fascinating!

Then my friend gave me this beautiful picture:
Which I hung beneath another beautiful picture she gave me previously. What a happy wall it makes!

Incidentally, it's really hard to take a picture of glass-fronted things, isn't it? Without having weird reflections, I mean.

Speaking of which, even things not behind glass can reflect weirdly, but I was far too excited to get this in the mail today to wait for better lighting to show you.
Need a close-up?
An advance copy of Gail Carriger's new book! I lucked into it by pure chance and was thrilled.

Thanks to blogging, I can tell you that she's an author I found, randomly, almost two years ago, and I love her books. As I've also written before, I hate to put her books down once I start, so I Am Not Starting This Book Tonight.

Which means willpower is called for. If I lived with someone, I could hand it over and say, "Take this, and don't give it to me until after work tomorrow." Carlos is notoriously weak-willed that way, though, so I will have to keep my own paws off it. Ow, hard!

1 comment:

  1. I'd be delighted to hold onto that book for you! ;-) I like her stuff.

    ReplyDelete