Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy, more than not

Happy birthday to my cousin!

Happy that tomorrow I will make cookies for my cousin's birthday. Molasses cookies, yum!

Happy that it's Friday, finally. For a short week, this one lasted forever.

Not happy that a nice person at work had his last day there today. The cake was extremely good, though!

Happy that the doctor's appointment is over for another year (not the wrist-pain appointment, that's next week; this was the GYN, ugh). Not happy that they use those awful disposable "gowns" that fall apart before the exam is over.

Happy that the doctor acknowledged my weight gain over the last year without lecturing me about it.

Not so happy that it's raining, but that does make me realize how little it has rained recently. It's been a nice break.

Not happy that it's chilly. No silver lining there.

Happy to think of snuggling under the blankets tonight, and not setting the alarm for tomorrow.

Happily anticipating getting the new camera next week. In the interim, here are some more old photos:

Hawaii, unretouched (honest)


Knitting my first sock!


Pie for the 4th of July


The babies.


When I look at photos like that last one, I think how amazing it is that Harold is doing so well. You're that close to someone for your entire life, 10+ years, and then one day he's just gone... Harold is doing so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment