Friday, September 28, 2007

Cat photos! We got cat photos

What a week! I'm never sorry when it's Friday, but today it was an extra wonder. It's been very busy at work, not super-crazy but constant, and while I like to have things to do, a break now and again is nice. I also had my review this week (I've been there two years, amazingly), and while it went fine, that's just not my favorite process to go through, you know? I mean, it's odd, because I've never had an awful review, but I still worry. Glad to have that over, at all events.

Wednesday evening I spent at the House of Twins, which was fun despite them being slightly fussy. I got to help my friend feed the babies before she put them to bed, and they were so cute, side by side in the crib, all swaddled like baby burritos. I gave the camera a break, since you can't exactly throw the flash in their faces when they're falling asleep, but trust me, cuteness.

It did mean that I was there until 10, though, so when I got home last night (after stopping for a few things at Walmart), the cats were half-frantic with the need to be loved upon for long periods. So I went with kitty maintenance for the evening, and that's what I've been doing tonight, too. But I thought I would share a little kitty shoot from this morning, when I noticed that Pan was on the bed in the reflected sunlight from the mirror. It made for an interesting light effect:


Standoffish at first, he then had a thought: if I'm cute enough, perhaps she won't leave!


See you don't want to go to work, do you? When you could stay home with me?


How can you resist me and the allure of the undercarriage?


He was still rolling like that when I left, ever the optimist.

I hate to conclude with a depressing thought, but I have to show you this. I was in a local library recently, when I came upon a very depressing sight, and I finally brought my camera in and took a picture of it. Sorry for the blurry, but I was trying to be subtle.

What do you do with the old card catalogs, in these crass computer days?


Oh, the humanity. I loved card catalogs. How the mighty are fallen.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, what a cutie Pan is!

    That is bizarre... it's interesting that they're not worried someone short (a child, say) will walk by and crack his or her head on a corner of one of those pulled out drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When they built the new, high-tech main library in San Francisco, back in the 90s, they were going to throw away all the old cards. After much fuss, they did this instead. It's pretty cool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss card catalogs, too. I'd love to own one. I'm sure I could find a much better use for it than that library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet kitty! How could you be so cruel as to leave him to merely make money to feed him? We cat staff are so unaccommodating, aren't we? Mine gather around the front door and block our path when we try to leave and rub on our legs...oh, the guilt!

    That was truly a sad picture, indeed. Though I'm really surprised they had even kept it! I haven't even seen one in a library for a while. At least they kept that one....poor sad creature. I really love those too. I've seen a few in antique stores for sale for in your home....how old does that make ME feel?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummmm card catalogs.... if one took out the brass rail would they be a good size to hold yarn cakes?? And one drawer could still be a catlog of yarn - by mfgr, by weight, by color.

    I do love the "undercarriage" photo. Perry's belly always looks unkempt, so how does Pan stay so neat? Cats just love the weekends when their people get to stay home

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cat's belly is one of the best things in the world! Pan's looks all extra-cute.

    ReplyDelete