Friday, October 21, 2022

Side Sleeper Problems; Pool; Cool

I am a side sleeper and a restless sleeper: I turn over and over all night. Sometimes I'll notice when I roll over that the shoulder I was lying on is sore, like I was on that side too long, but last night it went much further: I woke up and my left shoulder was on fire. I could not find a comfortable position! It just hurt so much. Gave me more sympathy for my mother, who is having trouble with her shoulder, and hers is not from sleeping on it. I mean, I wasn't unsympathetic before, but it was a vivid reminder of how much pain a shoulder can give.

I did finally fall asleep again, and in the morning it was no more than usually stiff. But whoa.

Yeah, I don't know why I felt I had to share that. Thrilling, isn't it? You're welcome.

I'm going to switch up the pillows tonight.

We have made progress on the pool issue, btw, as the new pool pump is in and running, We aren't supposed to use it yet, but I'm hoping it won't be long.

Of course, I go out of town next Thursday for a few days, so watch it not be useable until Wednesday.

We had a bit of a cool snap this week, by Florida standards, and it was an unusually precipitous drop of about 20 degrees from Tuesday (when I was wearing a tank top and skort) to Wednesday (when I had on a short-sleeve shirt, long-sleeve shirt, leggings, socks, and slippers). Thursday was better because at least there was some sun, and today wasn't bad either, but it still wasn't our usual for the time of year. I mean, the lower humidity was very nice, but if it's too chilly to open the windows, I don't appreciate turning off the air conditioning as much.

Still, it was good practice with layers, which I will need for my trip. I'm going to freeze. 

3 comments:

  1. When my grandfather died at 95 in '93 and I flew to his funeral, I realized a little too late that I didn't actually have a warm winter coat, just quite aging jackets that would not cut it.

    So I wore my Kaffe Fassett sweater coat I'd made with a strand of worsted wool and one of mohair on size 9 needles, dense and, um, not overly subdued in color. At all. But it was what I had, and it actually kept me warm enough for the most part. Which is saying something when the gathering at the gravesite was in the snow.

    But my cousins got a kick out of me going, Look at the snow! Feel that real weather! My aunt was laughing and going, Down, girl!

    Have a great trip. Enjoy the real weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It snowed here last night! That's actually kind of late in the season for us to have our first snowfall.

    I'm a side sleeper too, and I used to be a lot more solid of a sleeper, but you know, menopause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a side sleeper pillow (from a company called Honeydew) and I swear it changed my life. I have a lot less pain in my neck and shoulder area and it felt like a magical cure within two nights. It's kind of pricey ($100 a pillow), but they have a guarantee and I highly recommend that you give it a shot if there's any way you can swing it.

    ReplyDelete