Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Look There Instead: Cat Bath, Cable TV Issue Update

Last night's Bruins game was a weird one, and I don't just mean that it was their first loss of the season. The goal scoring went like this:

  • Ottawa scored three times
  • The Bruins scored the next three
  • Ottawa scored three more times
  • The Bruins scored the next two

So that was 6-5 after two periods. If you don't follow the NHL, let me just say, that is a LOT of goals! And very up-and-down.

Which is why I chose to photograph the cat bath on the footstool instead. (And also why I turned the game off in the third, when it was 7-5.)







I am so jealous of her flexibility.

Meanwhile, I do have an update on the issue I was having where our cable company wasn't getting me the NHL Network. I decided to call again yesterday and escalate to a manager/supervisor, in hopes that would kick things into motion. The first person went through it all again (sigh), though it was kind of funny (not-so-funny) when he suggested, from reading the notes, that "the last time I got an update from them" was last Wednesday. First of all, I called them for an update on Wednesday, when I got no new info; second of all, don't skip over the whole weird Saturday Twitter-vent-and-call part of the story!

Anyway, he then passed me to a supervisor, a nice man named Chris who was very sympathetic (he's a Tampa Bay Lightning fan). He told me that the problem wasn't with Summit's equipment, that they had rebooted this and that and it was all fine, so it was a problem on the NHL Network side, that they were getting daily updates but had no resolution so far. He also said that another customer had found that he couldn't get the station on his TV with the set-top box, but he could see it if he used the watch-it-anywhere thing on his tablet. So that's super-weird!

The call as a whole was frustrating, since the bottom line was that they didn't know anything about why it was a problem or when it would be fixed. So it was a surprise to get a call back less than an hour later, saying it was working! I turned the TV on, and what do you know, it was. So weird! 

What an amazing coincidence, eh? I do wonder if it would have come on then anyway, even if I hadn't called. But I'm glad to have it back at last.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, what a frustration but I'm glad you got it fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a spine like a cat. Imagine what we could do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. They fixed it, they just don't want to tell you it really was at their end. That's my take on it.

    My back claims your sweet cat is a total show off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So frustrating, but very glad it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing for sure! I agree with Allison - it was ballocks up on their end. Maggie is only surpassed in cleanliness by King Tux - but that's my opinion. BTW, do you know Pringle Sugarloaf on Facebook? Her owner does an absolutely fantastic job of channeling her . If I haven't recommended her before, I do now. If I have, sorry to be repetitious.

    ReplyDelete