Sunday, November 10, 2019

What I'm Knitting

I brought two projects with me on my trip last month, so let me update you on how those are going.

First up is socks, of course; using the Simple Skyp pattern I practically always do, and the String Theory Colorworks Continuum Self Striping yarn that I mentioned I was so excited to start.

On the first plane north:
On the second:
I was knitting on the drive to the airport, and as it went from yellow to orange, I had some uneasy thoughts of candy corn. But as soon as the red came in, it was fine.

The next day:
Waiting for the train:
In the car on the way to Rhinebeck:
At Rhinebeck!
Back home, and checking to see if it was too small.
Its heel didn't seem to want to get over my heel:
 
But a little cautious adjusting showed that was more about the needles than the sock.
I'm going to try it on again after I get past the gusset, but I think it's going to be okay. And I love the wide stripes!

The other project is a shawl: specifically, the Seashell Shawl, in Spunky Eclectic Eclectic Lace (Merino Lace). It's coming beautifully! I started this back in August, put it aside while I made the baby sweater, and happily picked it up again once that was done.

On a plane:
On the train:
Lighting makes a big difference to the colors. At this point, it's big enough that it can't be fully spread out on the needle, so after I got home, I added another cord so I could really get the full effect. This is what 400 stitches looks like!
And it will get bigger before it's done.
Plus it will block out more.
 I just love how it's going. Though each row is an undertaking!
Tonight I think I'll pick up the lap blanket that's been mostly neglected, and work on that while watching the Bruins--that is, if a certain lap cat allows me enough space for it. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment