Wednesday, November 06, 2019

Maggie: A Photo-Essay

Time for a break in the trip updates (so far we've had NY nature walk, Amtrak views, Rhinebeck teaser, Apple Festival, and MA walk, if you missed any; still to come is The Full Rhinebeck!) in order to show you all once again just how cute Miss Maggie the Cat is.

Mom and I went out to dinner last night, and when we got back, Maggie went into full lunatic mode, racing about in a random pattern that only she could understand. She did this for probably an hour and a half, then finally decided to settle down and join me where I was watching the Bruins game (about which, do not get me started).

She stretched out.
She daydreamed.
She snoozed.
She stretched some more. Long cat! She covered me from hip to ankle.

She allowed some gentle belly rubs. 
While giving me a 'careful, don't push your luck' look.
Eventually, she decided to get off my lap, and when I gratefully moved my legs off the footstool (to see if they would still bend at the knees), she settled onto the footstool.
Nice cat loaf.
Deep thoughts.
Then a rest.
More deep thoughts.

We finally went off to bed, but this morning while I read the paper, she came along again.
Modified leg tuck position.
Then a slight stretch.
And when I finally encouraged her off the lap (pesky work), she settled onto Mom's chair and tempted gravity for a bit. 
Cute, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment