Friday, September 14, 2018

That Quick Weekend Trip (quick, before it's the weekend again)

All right, all right, before I forget last weekend's trip altogether, let's see what the photos have to say for themselves.

Knitting on the plane, of course:
While watching Mary Poppins. Shades of my childhood!
There's nothing quite like Mrs Banks singing sweetly about the Suffragettes:
We're clearly soldiers in petticoats
And dauntless crusaders for woman's votes
Though we adore men individually
We agree that as a group they're rather stupid!
Good times.

When I reached Logan airport, I was somewhat puzzled by this sign, high above the JetBlue area.
I mean...what does that mean?

Well, no matter. My friend picked me up, and we had a startlingly* simple drive to meet her parents for dinner. Then back to the house and time to unpack and get things ready for the various events I had planned.
*For rush hour on a Friday, at least

After a quiet, hanging-out morning with my hosts, I was dropped off to meet my knitting friends for the afternoon and dinner. We were meeting at my formerly local yarn store, since they had an event for a new yarn line that they are going to be carrying, Campfire Knits, so I thought we could start off there. Nice yarn!
Soft and sort of sea glass hues.
I look forward to working with it, when its time comes.
After that, we drove up to Nashua NH to visit our other knitting friend there, and while we were stopped at a red light, I grabbed a quick photo of this sign, since my dad was an Odd Fellow! I love lingering remnants of the past like that on buildings.
We got the tour of their newly bought condo, which is super cool, and happened to have a Pikachu running around across the street at the time.
At my request, we went for dinner at the Korean place where they took me before I moved, Shira Kiku, which is a little bit of a place but the food is delicious! I got the beef bulgogi again, as it was so good, but the stone pot bibimbop looked fantastic too, so maybe one day I will try that. (Lies. I am a find-a-favorite-and-stick-to-it person, especially if I can't go every week.)

So that was my nice Saturday; I really miss them, so it was great to see them and get to spend a little time catching up.

Sunday was the Great Day of the Baby Shower, for which my self-defined job was, be ready to go and don't forget the presents. They were having it at a very nice restaurant--the same one where they had their wedding reception, in fact--and there were about 50 friends and family gathered, a nice friendly group, or at least no drama I heard about. I got to see some more good friends, which was fabulous, and we ate a lovely brunch as well, then watched them open all the super-cute baby things.

The cookie favors were also adorable.
Afterward, presents were dropped off at their house, and then back to my hosts' house and we all spent some time relaxing before having a simple dinner.

Then it was Monday morning, and time to pack up and head back to the nice warm south already! I will say that the plane seats seem to get smaller all the time, so in that sense the (full) flights were not comfortable, but nothing actually went wrong other than some turbulence that never got scary, just mildly stomach-upsetting. And my mother picked me up and we went to dinner while I told her all about it.

Oh, and as to the knitting, the sock got some love, too.
I was planning to finish it at knitting last night, but in a fit of true genius, after having forgotten to bring it with me on Wednesday, I managed not to take it last night either. I brought it into my office, and put it near my purse and knitting bag! But not actually IN either one.

I had, however, put the next yarn up in the knitting bag, so I bought needles and got that started instead. More on that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment