Monday, August 27, 2018

Of Knitting and Travel

I've hit a repeated snag with the shawl I'm knitting, and given that, when I realized yesterday that I had screwed it up AGAIN*, I was too angry with it to even tink the row back, I think it needs to go into time out for a bit. Not that I'm giving up on it, but I need a cooling-down period.
* I messed it up after knitting group last Thursday; ripped it out and redid those rows, then went on; and still, despite careful focus, effed up again. How did I do the first lace repeat?

Anyway, in a week and a half, I'm taking a weekend trip, and I need to have knitting to bring with me, so better to start something new now, and get it established before I leave, than to keep fighting this one until the last minute, and then have nothing but the sock to bring with me.

I spent some down time today looking for a pattern, trying to decide, going around in circles and getting nowhere (I have a lot of fabulous yarn I want to use, so there isn't one clear use-this-next). Finally, I decided that now might be the time to try Spectra, which I saw and admired at Rhinebeck in 2017.
And then, having picked up a color-changing yarn from the stash, I could not find anything I liked to go with it, which seemed like a problem. However, when I instead picked up the skein of ModeWerk I just got, I immediately found something that I liked with it, so...whew. Bought the pattern, wound the yarn, ready to move forward. Details to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment