Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Boom

Summers in Florida mean regular thunderstorms, and I've mostly gotten used to that. It helps that they frequently blow through in a short period of time; it's far from an all-day thing.

However, one of today's storms seemed to pass right over the building, with a flash of lightning followed almost instantaneously by a BOOM that had me clutching my head in some weird reflexive motion I can't explain at all.

But basically, I felt like this for about an hour after.
Image result for cat on ceiling cartoon
Which of course made me think of this Bugs Bunny episode:
Image result for marvin the martian earth shattering kaboom
Or, if you prefer to see the clip:

Another month or so and it should settle down, which will be a welcome change, I must say.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy weather here too! Felt like 106 yesterday. Should be lovely by the time you get here, though. Love you.

    ReplyDelete