Thursday, September 28, 2017

Weather Weirdness, and Other Randomness

After having seasonal weather earlier this month, there was a week or so of "Summer is back! Where are the sleeveless shirts?" weather that, while of course very welcome, was a bit of a surprise to me. The humidity was way up, too, which was not so welcome, and Wednesday afternoon I cracked, closed the windows (except for His Lordship's), and opened the air conditioning vents again. Something about 70% humidity and temps near 80 (inside) just wasn't working for me; call me crazy, but I don't like sticking to everything.

The temperature today was much lower, and thankfully so was the humidity, so windows opened again. I just checked the gauge and it says 42%, in fact, so while it isn't cold at all, it's much more comfortable.

~~~~~
In other news, I booked my flight to Florida for Christmas, though not yet my return; I had enough miles to pay for the flight down, and I wanted to figure out when I would be traveling, in order to tell work (since I'll be working part of the time I'm there, and it's the end of our all-hands-on-deck crunch time). So that's all set! The day that I'll probably come back, there were multiple flights at the same price, so I didn't feel the same pressure to book that now. Eventually.

~~~~~
And in potentially moving news (not news that is moving, of course, but news about moving), I spoke with a realtor today (recommended by a friend), and she's going to come over and have the preliminary conversation about selling the condo, what it might be worth today, etc. When I told her that, having found the buying process overwhelming, I was expecting the same of selling, she said that it shouldn't be, which is nice to think!

Still scary to think about doing this. Don't get me wrong, I really want to have done it*. But doing it is going to involve so much work. I just keep telling myself, I want to be there, more than I want to be here, and it's only going to get harder, physically, to do what needs doing. Better to do it sooner.**
*One of my friends asked if the hurricane had made me rethink that at all, and it's a valid question, but honestly, no.
**As the saying goes, "If I had killed him when I met him..."***
***Have you heard that one? It ends, "...I'd be out of jail by now."

~~~~~
My friend's daughter is turning 13, and when I went to write her card, I realized that what I kind of wanted to write was, "Happy birthday! It's all downhill from here." Which I did not! But it speaks to my state of mind, not today but this year generally, when I am feeling my age a bit. Which would doubtless make my mother, and my grandmother, laugh and laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment