Monday, July 20, 2015

Outlook Promising

A discussion isn't an offer until it's in writing, really, but things are looking like they will happen, and there should be news this week. I think I will remain elliptical until I have it in hand; forgive me, but I just don't want to jinx it.

I will say that this opportunity is working from home, so if anyone has advice on that, I'm listening. I know I want to set up a separate space for it, but am working out how exactly that will look. Think, think, think.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, the opportunity to work in the home office, surrounded by the beautiful display of stash yarn. It would keep me motivated, that's for sure. And the occasional kitty visit wouldn't be bad either. Of course, knowing I still had to get dressed in case of the unannounced video call could be a drag, but a nice top with pj bottoms is doable.

    Sending you many good wishes for a job with an easy commute. (But that that mean there would be no snow days???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But WOULD that mean there would be no snow days?

    I wish there were a preview mode...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hah, excellent use of a pooh quote :)

    i've never had the opportunity to work long term from home, but my friends who do tell me: a. it's important to actually get up & get ready every day, even though you technically can (often) make your own schedule and work in your pjs; b. make sure you have a self-imposed cut off time at night, where you refuse to reply to emails / do work / etc after that time - the equivalent of leaving the office for the night.

    fingers non-jinx-ily crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working from home sounds so different. I've never done it, but my sister did for about a year.

    ReplyDelete